Cricket South Africa (CSA), on Friday, announced the fixtures for their upcoming 2022-23 home season. South Africa will host England, the West Indies and the Netherlands in the multi-format series.
The summer will start with the three-match One-Day International (ODI) series against England in January-February, with the fixtures part of the World Cup Super League (WCSL). Following this, the West Indies will arrive in the rainbow nation to play two Tests in February-March, part of the last leg of the ongoing second edition of the World Test Championship (WTC). The Caribbeans will then play a three-match bilateral ODI and T20I series in March.
After hosting the Windies in the multi-format leg, South Africa will play against the Netherlands. Both sides will play two ODIs of the unfinished three-match series (part of the Super League) originally scheduled in December 2021 but postponed due to COVID-19.
“CSA is thrilled to be hosting England, West Indies and the Netherlands, all worthy opponents, in what is billed to be an exciting summer of international cricket. This is principally good news to our fans, who have been starved of the blend of cricket on offer at stadiums since the 2020 pandemic. These bumper fixtures confirm that cricket in South Africa is indeed open for business,” said CSA CEO Pholetsi Moseki in a statement.
“As we look forward to hosting these cricketing powerhouses, we invite our fans to swell the stadiums in numbers to support the Proteas as they lock horns with the best in the world,” Moseki added.
Full schedule of South Africa home season in 2022-23:
South Africa vs England ODI series (WCSL)
- 1st ODI – January 27 at 13:00, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein
- 2nd ODI – January 29 at 10:00, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein
- 3rd ODI – February 1 at 13:00, The Oval, Kimberley
South Africa vs West Indies Test series (WTC)
- 1st Test – February 28 to March 4 at SuperSport Park, Centurion
- 2nd Test – March 8 to March 13 at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
South Africa vs West Indies ODI series
- 1st ODI – March 16 at 13:00, Buffalo Park, East London
- 2nd ODI – March 18 at 13:00, Buffalo Park, East London
- 3rd ODI – March 21 at 10:00, JB Marks Oval, Potchefstroom
South Africa vs West Indies T20I series
- 1st T20I – March 25 at 14:00, SuperSport Park, Centurion
- 2nd T20I – March 26 at 14:00, SuperSport Park, Centurion
- 3rd T20I – March 28 at 18:00, Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
South Africa vs Netherlands Rescheduled ODIs (WCSL)
- 2nd ODI – March 31 at 13:00, Willowmoore Park, Benoni
- 3rd ODI – April 2 at 10:00, Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
- CSA announces jam-packed home season for 2022-23: England, West Indies & Netherlands to tour South Africa
- Check all news and articles from the latest Cricket updates.