Liga MX’s Tigres coach Diego Cocca is leaving the membership to take over as the subsequent supervisor of Mexico’s males’s nationwide crew, the crew introduced Thursday. Right here’s what it’s essential to know:
- Cocca will succeed Gerardo “Tata” Martino, who left the position after his contract expired following Mexico’s 2022 World Cup group stage exit.
- The 50-year-old Argentine coached solely 5 matches with the Tigres, main the membership to a 3-2 report in his first season.
- Cocca captured consecutive Liga MX titles with Atlas within the 2021 Apertura and 2022 Clausura.
It will mark the primary worldwide teaching job of Cocca’s profession after compiling a 190-120-146 report over 15 years on the membership degree. ESPN reported earlier this week that Cocca narrowly beat out Pachuca’s Guillermo Almada for the nationwide crew job.
Marco Antonio “Chima” Ruiz will take over because the interim supervisor of the Tigres whereas former gamers Marcos Ayala, Hugo Ayala and Anselmo “Juninho” Vendrechovski will act as his supporting workers, the crew introduced.
Mexico will function a co-host for the 2026 World Cup, together with america and Canada.
(Photograph: Vincent Carchietta / USA Right this moment)
Read original article here
- Diego Cocca leaving Tigres to grow to be Mexico’s nationwide crew head coach
- Verify all information and articles from the most recent Soccer updates.