Novak Djokovic has lengthy since put an finish to the talk over who’s the GOAT of tennis. Some will nonetheless cling to Roger Federer‘s class, and others to Rafael Nadal‘s all-time data on clay.
Nevertheless, the numbers converse for themselves and make Djokovic the perfect participant to have ever wielded a racket on the age of 36.
His 2023 US Open title makes him essentially the most profitable tennis participant within the Grand Slam tournaments, equalling Margaret Courtroom‘s report.
The Serb has now gained 24 titles, two greater than the injured Nadal. Federer, now retired, stays with 20.
Djokovic will be capable to proceed including to this whole as a result of he’s experiencing a second youth. Nadal, in the meantime, is anticipated to return to competitors on the subsequent Australian Open.
The 14 the explanation why Djokovic is the GOAT
- Oldest US Open champion: His triumph within the New York event, at 36 years and three months, makes him the oldest winner of the Open Period over Ken Rosewall. The Australian was 35 when he reigned supreme within the 1970 version.
- He has gained three of the 4 majors 4 occasions: One thing nobody has ever performed earlier than, Djokovic’s report by no means ceases to amaze. Final June he was topped for the third time on the Roland Garros clay. He has gained the Australian Open 10 occasions, Wimbledon seven occasions and the US Open 4 occasions.
- Most weeks as ATP chief: The world rankings mark the consistency of tennis gamers and Djokovic surpassed Federer’s report of 310 weeks on the high on March 8, 2021. He accumulates 389 weeks and this Monday will proceed to extend that determine as a result of he regains the lead on the expense of Carlos Alcaraz. Nadal is on 209.
- File variety of factors in a season: It was within the 2015 marketing campaign when Djokovic set a report that can by no means be equalled once more. He gathered 16,785 factors due to 11 titles: Australian Open, Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome, Wimbledon, US Open, Beijing, Shanghai, Paris-Bercy and Masters Cup.
- First place in Masters 1000: Professionals insist that tennis isn’t solely the 4 Grand Slams. And they don’t seem to be unsuitable. Then come the 9 Masters 1000 class tournaments scattered all through the nation. Djokovic additionally has essentially the most titles with 39, three greater than Nadal after profitable the TMS in Cincinnati. Federer is third with 28.
- The one one with 9 TMS: Djokovic is the one participant who has gained all 9 Masters 1000. In truth he has performed so on a minimal of two events. In 2015 he gained six of the 9. Nadal is lacking Miami, Shanghai and Paris-Bercy and Federer Monte Carlo and Rome.
- He has 12 majors over the age of 30: The weight loss program and the routines that the tennis participant from Belgrade follows out of competitors are paying off. He has simply gained his twelfth Grand Slam over 30, particularly at 36 years and three months. Nadal gathered eight Grand Slams over 30, to Federer’s 4.
- Historic grasp of the ATP Finals: Djokovic has gained the ATP Masters Cup a complete of six occasions, equalling Federer’s report. Nadal has but to win the Masters occasion, which is now being held on the Alpitour in Turin. By ending undefeated on the 2022 version he took residence the most important prize cash ever, which amounted to 4.6m euros.
- He dominates the head-to-head along with his two largest rivals: With Federer, he has a beneficial head-to-head report of 27 wins to 23. With Nadal, it’s 30 to 29.
- The most effective proportion of matches gained in historical past: One other of the data that stand out in Djokovic’s profession is that he has gained 1,076 of the 1,287 matches performed. That offers successful charge of 83.6 %. Nadal is second in that rating with 1,068 victories for 220 defeats, which implies successful charge of 82.9 %.
- He’s the chief in titles amongst energetic tennis gamers: The US Open triumph takes Djokovic’s whole to 96 titles. Nadal has 92. Djokovic is barely behind Jimmy Connors’ 109 titles and Federer’s 103.
- Extra Grand Slam finals contested: Djokovic, who missed the final version of the US Open as a result of he was not vaccinated in opposition to the coronavirus, has 36 Grand Slam finals, with 24 wins and 12 defeats. The second within the rating within the males’s class is Federer with 31. Nadal has 30. In girls’s tennis, Chris Evert reached 34.
- The one participant to have gained three of the 4 majors in 4 seasons: In 2011, 2015 and 2021, the Serb was only one title away from profitable all of the majors. He has performed it once more in 2023, one thing unprecedented within the sport of tennis.
Read original article here
- The 14 the explanation why Djokovic is the perfect tennis participant in historical past
- Test all information and articles from the most recent Tennis updates.