This week on The Hockey Information On The ‘Q’ Podcast, Will MacLaren and Jamie Tozer look again on the opening weekend of the QMJHL common season:
– The contentious Rouyn-Noranda Huskies and Halifax Mooseheads are awaiting their first regulation wins, whereas issues are wanting up early on for the Moncton Wildcats, Baie-Comeau Drakkar and Rimouski Oceanic, amongst others.
– Nathan MacKinnon got here house to Halifax on Friday evening to observe his No. 22 raised to the rafters. To not be outdone, the quantity 50 might be retired in Shawinigan in January to honor former star Jason Pominville.
– There is a new award up for grabs within the ‘Q’ with the announcement of the Patrick-Roy Trophy, to be handed out for the participant judged to be the league’s prime goaltender. It is a remaining legacy to the previous participant, coach, GM and Hockey Corridor of Famer.
– What defines a battle? How will sure conditions be punished below the brand new laws? After Saturday’s recreation in Saint John between the Sea Canines and Acadie-Bathurst Titan, it seems these questions – and the solutions to them – might not be as reduce and dried as it could initially seem.
– Extra information and notes from across the league.
Take a look at the complete episode and subscribe in your most popular platform beneath.
For extra reveals and episodes on the NHL, junior hockey, the AHL, ECHL and girls’s hockey, take a look at THN.com/podcast or click on on “Podcasts” within the menu.
- THN On The 'Q': QMJHL's Opening Weekend, New Award and Quantity Retirements
- Verify all information and articles from the most recent NHL updates.