ST PETERSBURG, Fla. — The WTA introduced Tuesday the 2023 election outcomes for the WTA Gamers’ Council, WTA Match Council and WTA Board of Administrators.
Victoria Azarenka has been re-elected to the Gamers’ Council as a High 20 consultant and might be joined in that position by new member, Caroline Garcia. Daria Saville has been newly elected to the 51-100 place, whereas Gabriela Dabrowski was re-elected for the 21+ place/doubles solely place.
On the Match Council, Gerard Tsobanian has been re-elected because the Europe 1000 consultant. Laura Ceccarelli will transfer over because the APAC 500 consultant and Luiz Carvalho because the APAC 250 consultant. Kyle Ross is a brand new member of the Match Council, elected because the Americas 250 consultant.
Adam Barrett (Match Board Chair and Americas Consultant), Bob Moran (Match Alternate Consultant) and Anja Vreg (High 20 Singles Participant Consultant) had been all re-elected to their respective WTA Board of Administrators positions. Kurt Zumwalt joins the Board representing singles gamers 21-100+ together with the doubles solely gamers. Zumwalt has served in varied monetary roles together with Treasurer at Amazon and Professional Enterprise Companies together with monetary roles at Intel and Microsoft. He has additionally served on the USTA Board of Administrators from 2019-2022.
Under is the total checklist of members who serve on the WTA Board of Administrators:
Participant Board Representatives
- Vanessa Webb: Council Chair; 1-100+ Singles and Doubles-Solely Consultant
- Anja Vreg: High 20 Singles Consultant
- Kurt Zumwalt: 21-100+ Singles and Doubles-Solely Consultant
- Brandon Burke: Participant Alternate Consultant
Match Board Representatives
- Adam Barrett: Council Chair, Americas Consultant
- Peter-Michael Reichel: Europe Consultant
- Cameron Pearson: Asia-Pacific Consultant
- Bob Moran: Match Alternate Consultant
Extra Board Representatives
- Steve Simon: WTA CEO
- David Haggerty: Federation Consultant
- Kris Dent: Federation Alternate
Gamers’ Council members
- Victoria Azarenka: High 20 member
- Caroline Garcia: High 20 member
- Madison Keys: High 20 member
- Jessica Pegula: High 20 member
- Donna Vekic: 21-50 member
- Daria Saville: 51-100 member
- Gabriela Dabrowski: 21+ and doubles-only consultant
- Alex Krunic: 101+ and doubles-only consultant
Match Council members
- Adam Barrett: Council Chair; Americas Board Consultant
- Bob Moran: Americas 500 member; Board Alternate
- Gavin Ziv: Americas 1000 member
- Kyle Ross: Americas 250 member
- Peter-Michael Reichel: Europe Board Consultant
- Gerard Tsobanian: Europe 1000 member
- Alastair Garland : Europe 500 member
- Aljoscha Thron: Europe 250 member
- Cameron Pearson: Asia-Pacific Board Consultant
- Charles Hsiung: Asia-Pacific 1000 member
- Laura Ceccarelli: Asia-Pacific 500 member
- Luiz Carvalho: Asia-Pacific 250 member
The newly elected and re-elected Match Council and Board representatives’ phrases started Aug. 30, 2023, with the brand new Gamers’ Council phrases to start following the 2023 WTA Finals in Cancun. The WTA’s governance construction consists of its Board of Administrators, the Gamers’ Council and the Match Council.
- WTA pronounces 2023 election outcomes
- Test all information and articles from the most recent Tennis updates.